Friday, September 2, 2011

Birthday Violation

Is it just me or does anyone else feel violated when some huge company sends you a birthday card?  Granted, it's a cutesie marketing ploy that does get your attention (as it was intended), but I haven't actually been a customer of this particular insurance company for over half a decade.  Birthdays are supposed to be a special, private occassion...a personal holiday in and of itself.  What's next, "It's a Boy! Good time to think about upgrading that passenger protection coverage, huh?"


Speaking of insurance violations....this time last year I completed the Flo and Erin Esurance piece, but I was also working on a second one by the same artist.  Various things were going on which forced me to push it to the back burner, but upon receiving said indemnification card I decided to finish it.  Maybe Mr Opportunity should think about upgrading his collision coverage...rear end accidents happen all the time.

Original Sketch by CandyBrat
Inks and Colors by Phillipthe2

6 comments:

  1. This almost strikes me as a marketing take on those teen-suspense clunkers where Jennifer Love Hewitt's omnipresent background strangler/slasher/poltergeist/sparklevamp tips their hand with "clever" little notes: "We STILL know where U LIVE, STACY...XOXOXOROFLCOPTER!"

    In other news, Mr. O never stuck in my frontal lobe quite so badly as, say, those Free Credit Report(C) jackasses, but his expression here remains priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anon: Well, that or any given teen angst marketed shoot'em up flick with the governator and his two-to-four-word one-liners (with a max of two syllables) throughout the 80s and 90s. "Get to duh chop-ah!"

    The only celeb that stuck in my head (like sand in the crotch or nails on chalkboards) was what's-her-name from those cosmetics / hair care commercials and her "don't hate me because I'm beautiful". Unfortunately rule34 didn't exist back then....pity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am proud to have provided the inspiration for the original sketch. I never thought it would go this far.

    Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. By the way, you happen to know who the original sketch artist is would you? I always like to give credit where credit is due.

      Delete
    2. No, sorry. It was just some anon on /co/ (I think) taking requests in a drawthread.

      Delete
    3. Ah, ok. Well, maybe the artist will take notice of it and come-a-hunting. Highly doubtful though, considering it's been a few years since I colored the first Erin/Flo.

      Delete