Monday, March 26, 2012

Lois and Meg

Sometimes I really hate doing Fluffy pieces.  Within an hour of it's release upon the masses (and the inevitable re-posting to various sites) the first thing you'll read is half a dozen comments like "OMG!  Fluffy is back!"  No folks, Fluffy has not come out of retirement to tease you with a five or six year old sketch and then vanish into thin air again.  In all honesty I had every intention of coloring this one, but...well...I kinda lost interest in it.  So, to any would-be colorists out there...feel free to have at it.  Don't worry, Fluffy (probably) won't mind.

Original Sketch by Fluffy
Originally Commissioned by Hacker90
Inks by Phillipthe2

In other news: It would seem that I crossed over the 800,000 mark some time last night, four days ago saw the highest single-day hit-count on here, and my (randomly air-humps) deviantART account went over 8,000 yesterday morning.  Wait, wait...I'm gettin' all misty-eyed here.

7 comments:

  1. To be honest. I would like that kind of fame... make something awesome, then drop off the grid with everyone, you included, then pop up out of no-where and shock everyone, causing "Google" and "Bing" to crash because of it, Sadly I know it will never happen because, I'm lazy, Then maybe one day after retirement i would finally go to a comic-con and shock the perv world, that I'm only 45 lol, A guy can dream

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh...I didn't post about it this time, but I went to MegaCon here in Orlando last month. I met a couple of big-ish artists I color from time to time...two of their reactions were variations of "oh you're 'that' phillipthe2" as they roll their eyes. Yeah, sorry, I didn't go to some snooty art college, don't polish my pics to ultra-over-perfection, and don't (generally) profit from them.

      Delete
  2. Wow, nice job fixing this up. This was part of a 2009 commission I had with Fluffy that was canceled due to personal issues on his end. Posted it up at my blog sometime ago and made it way to the chans I guess. Your inking job has certainly done it justice. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, ok, I figured it was something to that effect. His random sketches don't generally go into quite that much detail. I couldn't really make out some of background detail (probably from being posted-to-death on said chans) so I left it blank. I'll make a note to credit you as the commissioner when I get home....at work at the moment.

      Delete
    2. Oh...and thanks. I did have the intention of giving it a look like a Fluffy-Velma one I did some years ago, but...Ehhh...if they sit to long I loose interest in them.

      Delete
  3. Far as I recall, Fluffy is now working with Zone.

    They did that Wakfu flash a few weeks back.

    Also, I went to fluffys devart account(http://spartacus13.deviantart.com for future visitors not aware) a while back and read through his past journals. In one of them he mentions considering "taking the Zone-route. Cuz zone used to be a pinup artist like me before he moved to animated flash".

    Working with zone could be his dream come true.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I knew about the DA account, but...ehhh...not a lot there. Occassionally shows that he's alive, but that's about it.

      You have a website for your stuff?

      Delete