Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Venturing Into Vice

I've had a couple of people ask what I draw inspiration from for the sketches I color.  Well, T&A is the obvious answer, but in this case I was watching the pilot episode of Miami Vice (circa Sept '84) this evening and (for whatever reason) remembered this sketch of Tatiana Orpheus.  Bikini-clad ex-wife of a cartoon necromancer versus '80s chic south Florida vice cops.  Ok, yeah....that's a bit of a stretch even for me.

I guess we can also call this my "thanks for the 200k hits" pic too since I'm about 700 away.  Damn...it was only this past May when I hit 100k.  "You like me, you really like me!!"

Original Sketch by Roger Bacon
Inks and Colors by Phillipthe2

4 comments:

  1. lol Miami Vice, god i feel old, haven't seen that in AGES!!! <.< >.> going to hulu now lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. LH: Yeah, I have the entire 4 year run saved on Hulu with the intentions of having a Miami Vice marathon at some point. On a similar note, I'm one of those few people that actually likes the 2006 movie with Colin Farrell and Jamie Foxx. Likewise, I feel pretty damned ancient having watched them first-run back in the '80s....then again, I did just turn 40.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks great. Roger Bacon did that for me as a sketch a while back.

    He also did one of Susan Long and Dexter's Mom.

    Feel free to color any of those, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ThaMan: Yeah, actually I was eyeing the Susan Long one before I noticed this one. As for the Dexter's mom one, ummmm, another milf I can deal with...but to be quite honest there's something about the combo of string bikini and yellow dish gloves that kinda wigs me out.

    ReplyDelete