Sunday, March 24, 2013

Random Acts of Photography

Just so there's no misunderstanding here, yes, I am a retired soldier and veteran of...well, more than the average number of combat tours.  With that said (and contrary to the stereotype), I am by no means a gun nut nor über second amendment rights advocate.  I don't have a huge stash of weapons and ammo nor is there a gun in every room of the house.  I did not run to the gun store and start hording weapons and ammunition when the current administration starting talking about gun control.  I have never spent money at a gun range.  Freezing my ass off in a deer stand or duck blind is not my idea of a good time.  The apocalypse (zombie-filled or otherwise) is not upon us.

Other than my great-grandfather's revolver (aka "Saturday Night Special"), this is the only gun I own...so, naturally, I had to take a pretty picture of it.


It's a new SCCY CPX-2 by SCCY Industries out of Daytona Beach in case anyone's wondering.  The pretty ribbons and whatnot are...well, all me.

4 comments:

  1. As a former Air Force (Cold War) Vet, let me be the first to say "Thank you for your service."

    ReplyDelete
  2. That revolver looks absolutely beautiful and this one isn't too bad itself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually pulled them out (no pun intended) a couple of days ago and set'em side-by-side for comparison's sake....showing a friend the relative size between a modern 9mm and .38 long colt. It may be old (85 years) and antiquated, but it still shoots straight....and (unlike the plastic and aluminum 9) you could drive a couple of nails with it if so desired.

      Delete
    2. Much like cars, they don't make guns like they used to.

      Delete