Sunday, November 8, 2009

Ups and Downs - Continued

Another week and yet another....down.

My girlfriend's grandmother passed away early this morning. Honestly, it didn't come as a surprise as she has not been in the best of health for several years now, but still...it's rough loosing a close family member. At the age of eighty-eight, three children, four grandchildren, nine great-grandchildren, and one great-great-grandchild I'd say she lived a pretty fulfilling life.

My father, having recently been diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease, hasn't seemed to let it slow him down any. He's currently in Camagüey, Cuba's third largest city, on a church sponsored mission tour. Granted, Dad hasn't been to any foreign countries since he and I lived in Southeastern Mexico back in the early '80s, so I'm not sure how he's managing with no air conditioning and (probably) no hot water. One things for certain though, he's probably wet and pissed off....as Hurricane Ida passes between Cuba and the Yucatan peninsula.


As for deviantART, it's been two weeks since my "support ticket" was supposed to be passed from one moderator to another....I have had zero communication from them since October 26th. In any other business, such a lengthy time period would be met with a bit of supervisory scrutiny and a few choice words for an employee or two. DA however....hmmm....their lack of supervisory oversight should be a cause for concern.

Drawing and coloring on the other hand, I'm doing a compilation piece using a couple of Gagala's work, a coloring of this one by DA's MrSinister616, and an Iron Maiden inspired piece of my own...simply because ones like this suck out loud.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear that about your gf's grandma. Now she had a great-great-grandchild... wow, that's some generations away!

    Hope your dad's enjoying his visit to Cuba, wish I was there, despite of Ida. Guess you are used to hurricanes, living in FL.

    DA takes its time when unbanning, be patient. Yeah, I know, they should take that time to think before banning someone, too.

    I'm eager to see your next coloring job, here or anywhere else. We seem to be stopping in the same bars in this little town... :XD:
    :XD: <- emoticon fail...

    ReplyDelete