The Castillo de San Marcos in St. Augustine, Florida was constructed by the Spanish in 1672 following the 1668 attack on St Augustine by English buccaneer (pirate) Robert Searle. The catillo was also known as Fort St. Mark from 1763 until 1784 while under British control and Fort Marion from 1821 until 1942. Saint Augustine is the oldest continuously occupied European-established city and port in the continental United States, turning 450 years old in 2015.
Various English, Spanish and French cannon atop the castillo's battlement.
Photos by Phillipthe2 using Olympus Camedian C-1400L