Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Lessons Learned

Ten lessons learned as a result of my two week absence from deviantART, of which I am now on day fourteen:

1. TRUST NO ONE.
2. The enemy of my enemy is my friend.
3. deviantART is quickly becoming the punchline of the online art community.
4. I eat pressure for breakfast....and have the blood pressure to prove it.
5. Smells like daddy's money.
6. Rules are rules....no matter what shade of gray they are written in.
7. If it quacks like a duck...
8. Life sucks....but somebody out there is worse off than you.
9. Everybody is a critic.
10. TRUST NO ONE.

2 comments:

  1. lol, looking back over the years i think you can trust me to give you my opinion on stuff you do here, and since your expulsion from DA, we've been cool, after re reading the rules i only see 2 rules i have a problem with 7 and 10. the duck has it hard enough being a Duck can't you pick on another animal?? like "If it moos like a cow, it may be a cow". i think i am pretty trusting, I'm not turning a profit off your hard work on some of my art you've done, or am I lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Edit:
    7. If it smells like a skunk...
    10. TRUST VERY FEW.

    Ehh, I've had a few instances over the years where I've caught someone profiting from my work, the most recent being on Ebay...selling pinbacks and fridge magnets with my Dr Mrs Monorch on'em. Nothing huge (dollar-wise) mind you, but the jackbooted, brown-shirted thugs that are Ebay's copyright enforcement take a very dim view of sellers like that.

    ReplyDelete