Friday, October 23, 2009

Banned


An email sent to deviantART on 10/23/09, the same day I was permanently banned for "copyright infringement":

Dear Sir or Madam:

On 10/23/09 my deviation "Fight Club Airline Safety Card" was removed by your staff for copyright violation and I was subsequently permanently banned. This is nothing short of a gross error. My deviation was based upon an original black and white "test copy" for the prop used in the movie "Fight Club". Ultimately this version of the prop was not used in the movie, although it is very similar to its final version. I however, colored it in the same manner and color pallet as the actual prop. This "test copy" was personally given to me by Chuck Palahnuik, the novelist who wrote the book "Fight Club" (on which the movie is based).

Furthermore, I have personally reported several images on your site for flagrant copyright violation, but the images were not deleted. In more than one instance the reason I was given for the image not being deleted was because the original artist / copyright holder was not the one who reported it. Somehow, I doubt very, very seriously that someone affiliated with Art Linson Productions (the production company for the movie) reported my deviation for copyright infringement. This uneven-handed brand of justice seems to be quite the norm within deviantART.

Respectfully,

phillipthe2

3 comments:

  1. Seems DA is a bunch of bullies nowadays

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bullies, yes. Forgetful, definately... http://anti-crusader.deviantart.com

      Delete
  2. Not so much a reinstatement, but: http://anti-crusader.deviantart.com

    ReplyDelete