Monday, March 29, 2010

Truce

I think I'm getting soft in my old-ish age.

Early this morning my old online arch-nemesis turbolover175 discovered my secondary account on deviantART and wrote this simple line of text:

"Hey there, Phil, how's things?"

Now, how does one interpret something like this coming from someone you've hated, loathed, stewed over, plotted against, and wished all manner of pain and agony upon?  The truth is, I'm tired...and I don't really give a shit any more.

I'm tired of deviantART and all of it's petty squabbles and incessant bickering.  Tired of the constantly changing, over-interpretated, under-interpretated, and personally-interpretated rules and policies that DA's "management" spews forth and lackadaisically enforces.  Tired of the trolls and crusaders.  Tired....really tired....of all the people who take cartoon and comic book characters WAY TOO FUCKING SERIOUSLY.

*hocks up a lung cookie and spits it in DA's general direction*

My response to turbolover175's question was rather simple and about as close to extending an olive branch as it'll ever get:

"Truce."

You'll  note that I did not say "let's bury the hatchet" nor "call France and commence the peace talks".  Simply....truce.

3 comments:

  1. Let us hope it goes well. I know a number of individuals who have been talking to him for a while now behind closed doors, and they assure me he's starting to figure out how much of a dick he was being. I'll believe it when I see it, but this is a good sign.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OstermanA: Likewise, seeing is believing. I'm not extending any olive branches any time soon, so we'll call this a "state of détente".

    ReplyDelete