Saturday, June 5, 2010

MUTHA-FUCKA - Update 2

Narc, stool pigeon, snitch....call me what you will.

Not long after reading Gérard Métrailler's post on the Corel website I got an email from the would-be software pirate stating that this was all a big misunderstanding, the software serial number issue was some sort of bulk sales foul up on Corel's end, and could I please drop the PayPal dispute.  Ok, that's understandable...but I wasn't completely convinced.  Even at Corel's bulk rate, Mr Pirate would still be selling his wares on Ebay at a loss.

I half-heartedly emailed Mr Métrailler via Corel, not really expecting any reply, asking about any bulk order issues with the software and stating that I may have been a victim of a wares pirate.  A few hours later....well, guess what?  I get a reply from him stating that there weren't any issues and could I please forward any info I have on Mr Pirate to him for further investigation.

At this point I'm just plain PISSED OFF!  Sure, I did recoup my losses from the sale and could have stopped right there, but...GODAMNIT, I hate being taken for a sucker!  So, not only did I forward Mr Pirate's info to Corel, but I also filed a report with the Toronto Police Service.

Yep, I'm a narc.

4 comments:

  1. These scams will get you good dude. You've gotta be more careful and know who you're buying from. ALWAYS check the seller's feedback page. If there are too many negatives then go find yourself another seller.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, it ain't that often that I....

    Errr...sorry...got distracted by Gagala's latest stuff: http://www.stfab.tv/KP&Co/Adult/Comix/Oh,%20Betty!/KP&Co.html

    I've been on Ebay since it opened in '95 and have over 4000 feedback. It ain't all that often that i get taken for a sucker. When I do.....watch your back. Generally, I only buy from people who have over 1000 and/or not less than a 99% rating.....but sometimes you just gotta take a leap of faith.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, Gagala. Another great artist. But I see what you mean. Just know people aren't as smart or trustworthy as they were in the 90s. Like yesterday I caught some idiot trying to sell a broken N64 Gameshark. The title literally was (or close to. My memory isn't that good) Gameshark Pro 3.2 - not working.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As the old saying goes, "There's a sucker born every minute."

    ReplyDelete