Wednesday, June 2, 2010

MUTHA-FUCKA !!!

Well....shit.  Not much say here, so I'll let my PayPal dispute do the talking:


This is a pirated copy of Corel Draw X4. Yesterday (June 1, 2010) I experienced an "Product Installation Unsuccessful Please Reinstall Error 24" error code and was not able to launch the software. Upon reinstallation, the software would not accept the serial number. I immediately contacted Corel customer support and was told that the serial number was not generated by the Corel Corporation. 

Furthermore, the same day I discovered that this software was pirated Gérard Métrailler, Senior Director of Product Management for Corel posted the following on the Corel website: 

Earlier today, some CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X4 users started reporting that their product stopped working at launch with the error message "Product Installation Unsuccessful Please Reinstall Error 24". After extensive research with some of the affected users and our internal teams, we can confirm the following: 
* People who have purchased CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X4 from either Corel Corporation or Corel's approved channel partners do not appear to be affected by this problem. 
* To the best of our knowledge, this problem is only affecting installations of CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X4 with serial numbers that have either expired and/or have not been created by Corel Corporation. 
* Recent updates/patches from other software (including operating systems) do not appear to have any link to CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X4 no longer launching. 
* This problem might also impact some WordPerfect Office X4 users, for the same reason as CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X4 users.
In summary, if you are encountering the error message "Product Installation Unsuccessful Please Reinstall Error 24", you may be in possession of an unauthorized version of CorelDRAW Graphics Suite and be the victim of a software pirate.


This dispute was submitted at 8:02pm today....and by 8:12pm this Canadian douchbag software pirate had taken down all of his eBay listings.  I won't be surprised if by this time tomorrow he's deleted his eBay account as well.  I won't tell you what I actually paid for it (it wasn't that much), but at least I got the money back.  Naturally, I also tracked down every single person he sold to and gave'em an ear full.


Unfortunately, I'm now stuck without any illustration / image editing software since my old legacy one doesn't wanna work with Windows 7.  Mutha fucka!

4 comments:

  1. Shit. Sorry about that dude. Is that the software you use for your images?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately it's the same software I use for illustration and photography. To say that I'm "mildly agitated" would be a slight understatement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww...sry to hear it man...You are a very gifted artists...but you tried any of the freewares of coloring software? I have heard that Paint.Net is good..got the same as most products you have to pay for and maybe even more goodness to make your pics uber leet

    ReplyDelete
  4. Koth:
    Actually, I tried out GIMP late last night, but it wasn't nearly as user friendly as I'd like. I never could get a handle on Photoshop...which GIMP seems to emulate. I did however, find a patch that let's one run legacy software on Win7 64, so it would seem that I'm right back where I started...with Corel Draw 8. This is what I get for being a cheap-ass.

    ReplyDelete