Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Leela - De-Tooned

A slightly re-vamped version of Captain Turanga Leela I did some time ago, but (for whatever reason) never posted....and yes, that actually is her full name and title.  Originally it included a de-tooned version of Fry with a Planet Express logo in the background, but I'll be damned if I can find the finished version.  Somewhere between the death of my old computer's hard drive and parting ways with a certain website that I need not mention, it seems to have disappeared.

I had completely forgotten that I'd done this one until I was watching a Sons of Anarchy marathon.  Katey Sagal, best known for her role as Peggy Bundy on 'Married With Children', plays the matriarch of a northern California biker gang.  Likewise, I also completely forgot that she was in a couple of episodes of one of my all-time favorite TV shows, The Shield.  She's the voice of Leela.

Original Sketch by whimsicalcow
Inks and Colors by Phillipthe2

No comments:

Post a Comment