Thursday, November 18, 2010

Spoooon!

Nothing new to report, other than an update in the adult section.

Today is one of those atypical days where I just get to sit around the house and do absolutely nothing.  Other than watching re-runs of Miami Vice and browsing through Modern Drunkard Magazine (yes, it's a real magazine), I happened upon the short-lived live action version of The Tick.  I think I caught one or two episodes of it back in 2001, but...yeah, the entire planet got a little side-tracked that year.  I can't say it's as good as the original Saturday morning animated series from 1994, but it beats the living hell out of most of the prime-time comedy crap that clogs up the airwaves nowadays....Glee, anyone?



On an semi-related note, I don't normally show "work in progress", but I'm going to make an exception for this one.  Within the realm of live-action movies with animated characters there are only two worth mentioning (five if you include Song of the South, Pink Floyd: The Wall, and Tron):  Who Framed Roger Rabbit (1988) and Cool World (1992).  Just about every artist I know has done the now drawn-to-death Jessica Rabbit, but on rare occasions you'll find someone who has done a bang-up Holli Would.  In real life Kim Basinger (Holli) is still quite the cougar, whereas Kathleen Turner (Jessica, but best known for Romancing the Stone) is...ummm...not.

Original Sketch by Aeolus
WIP by Phillipthe2

No comments:

Post a Comment