Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Vote for Pedro

Naturally, it's election night here in the US of A.  On the national level the media-at-large have dubbed this mid-term "the most important election since the Great Depression", but here in the state of Florida....it's a little more under-whelming.

Let's see here...  For the US Senate I can choose from 'The Turncoat', 'The Extremest Tea Partier in disguise', or 'The former Presidential Endorsee / token black guy'.  In the US House I have my choice of 'The most hated man in Washington' or 'The career state politician'.  And finally, for governor we have 'The Medicare fraudster' or 'The $61B state pension loser'.

Hmmm....decisions, decisions.

Generally speaking, when it comes down to voting for the lesser of two (or three) evils I either choose not to vote in a particular race or I opt for my standard write-in candidate.  As for who I actually voted for....well, that's between me and Jeebus.  Lets just say there were quite a few write-ins this year....my standard write-in candidate being one Elvis Aaron Presley.

I'm joking of course.

Did you know that in order to be a write-in candidate you have to register as such? Unregistered write-in votes have to be thrown out manually. My friends used to write me in for city counsel at-large, and I used to think it was pretty funny. The county voting representative who has to sort your vote for me, Pedro, Elvis Presley, or Groucho Marx from a three-foot-high stack of ballots will undoubtedly find it less amusing than you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment