Sunday, May 15, 2011

Jinkies!

I, unlike most of the masses of kids, wasn't a real big fan of Scooby-Doo or anything else that Hanna-Barbera was pumping out in the 1970s.  Ok, Hong Kong Phooey and the All Star Laff-A-Lympics were pretty cool, but otherwise I could have lived without seeing the likes of the "Partridge Family 2200 AD" (aka Jetsons Rip-off, 1974), "Scooby-Doo and Scrappy-Doo" (1979), and "Kiss Meets the Phantom of the Park" (1978).

It wasn't until 2001 with the advent of "Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law" that I really started to get back into Hanna-Barbera stuff....mainly due to the reoccurring death of Scrappy-Doo and Fred Flinstone thinking he's Tony Soprano.

Anyway...the nerdy and (arguably) lesbian Velma Dace Dinkley (yes, that really is the character's full name) wasn't exactly one of my favorite female cartoon characters, but this rendition of her kinda caught my eye....for obvious reasons.

Original Sketch by fluffy
Inks and Colors by Phillipthe2

2 comments:

  1. HD2: Thanks, I appreciate that. It's a few years old...more than a couple of people actually thought that Fluffy had come out of retirement at the time.

    ReplyDelete