Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Mile High Club / Black Friday

I asked Chris Sanders if I could color this Halloween inspired one some time back in mid-2009, but got sidetracked due to being suspended from deviantART.  It was subsequently shelved until I was doing some house cleaning and decided to finish it.  Yes, that would be the same Chris Sanders of Lilo & Stitch and How to Train Your Dragon fame.



Completely unrelated, but I don't really buy into the whole "Black Friday" thing...that Christmas gift pseudo-savings shopping day just after Thanksgiving.  Why would anyone want to get up at oh-dark-thirty in the morning and fight mall traffic with the masses just to save a few bucks on Christmas gifts when you can wait seventy-two hours and get the same thing any time of the day on "Cyber Monday"?  Statistically speaking, you end up saving more and have more of a selection to choose from on Monday anyway.

I did however, have to go to Wal-Mart for some day-to-day items on "Black Friday" last year.  My route through the shopping plaza took me past an otherwise unremarkable furniture store.  When one glances through a store window you expect to see the usual over-priced bedroom suite display....one doesn't normally expect to see several college-age hotties (fully clothed mind you) smiling and giggling as they dry hump one another on said display.....and then I nearly rear-ended a minivan.  Thus, the inspiration behind this little offshoot...

Original Sketch(es) by Chris Sanders
Inks, Colors, and Edits by Phillipthe2

**Edited 10/31/12: On 10/23/12 I finally (thanks to Chris) got my hands on a signed print of the original "Party Witches".

4 comments:

  1. Very Good.
    The 3 versions are very good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HD2: Thanks. I do have a 4th one in the works, but...ehhhh....I seem to be lacking any and all motivation as of late.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still say the first one's great...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, I keep meaning to do a forth (and final) version of them, but...ehhhh...all that real life shite keeps gettin' in the way.

      Delete